Click here to see more photos of our LATs in action!
There are currently 26 CASA Legislative Advocacy Teams (LATs) in Texas that work with Texas CASA and their local CASA programs to develop and promote policy agendas to improve the child welfare system. These LATs are led by volunteer advocates and/or board members and work with staff liaisons in each CASA program to build relationships with legislators, develop policy agendas to improve the child welfare system with Texas CASA, and motivate and empower others in the local CASA program to advocate for those improvements.
LATs may also submit written testimony or give oral testimony at legislative committee hearings. By sharing their experiences, they are able to give a unique, personal perspective of the importance in changing the way the state cares for children.
For more information about LATs or to inquire about how to start one, contact the Public Affairs team at email@example.com.
1) Amarillo, Amarillo Area CASA, Inc. (Vacant)
2) Athens, CASA of Trinity Valley (Roy Talbot, Chair)
3) Brenham, CASA of South Central Texas (Diane Black, Chair)
4) Bryan, Voices for Children, (Nicole Gueck, Chair)
5) Cleburne, CASA of Johnson County (Amanda White, Chair)
6) Conroe, CASA of Montgomery County (Clay McCollor, Chair)
7) Corpus Christi, CASA of the Coastal Bend (Cheryl Reed, Chair)
8) Dallas, Dallas CASA (Vacant)
9) Dalhart, CASA 69, Inc. (Beth Moore, Chair)
10) Denton, CASA of Denton County (Andrea Calloway, Chair)
11) Edinburg, CASA of Hidalgo (Ignacio Almaguer, Chair)
12) El Paso, CASA of El Paso (Desiree Mejia and Gloria Ambler, Co-Chairs)
13) Fort Worth, CASA of Tarrant County (Vacant)
14) Georgetown, CASA of Williamson County (Joe Vigil, Chair)
15) Kingsland, CASA of the Highland Lakes Area (Vacant)
16) Kingsville, Brush Country CASA (Anna Morris,Gina Smith, Nicole Poritsanos, Co-Chairs)
17) Liberty, CASA of Liberty/Chambers Counties (JoLynn Reynolds, Chair)
18) Lufkin, CASA of the Pines (Jannah Neren, Chair)
19) McKinney, CASA of Collin County (Jenny Haynes, Chair)
20) Midland, CASA of West Texas (Vacant)
21) Mt. Pleasant, CASA of Titus, Camp and Morris Counties (Judy Kent, Chair)
22) New Braunfels, CASA of Central Texas (John Barthel, Chair)
23) Rosenberg, Child Advocates of Fort Bend (Sonal Buchar, Chair)
24) Victoria, Golden Crescent CASA (Joy Walker, Chair)
25) Waco, CASA of McLennan and Hill Counties (Paula Hayward and Ramona Cooper, Co-Chairs)
26) Waxahachie, CASA of Ellis County (John Knight, Chair)