Texas CASA, along with some of our child welfare advocacy partners, created a series of videos to break down some of the laws passed during the 85th Legislative Session – focusing on the most important issue areas impacting foster children and youth. We have been introducing different videos to help you better understand these changes and how they will impact your advocacy as a CASA staff or volunteer.
The sixth video in the series features Tina Amberboy, Executive Director of the Supreme Court of Texas Children’s Commission, explaining some of the many changes to laws impacting child welfare courts in Texas. Watch below.
The seventh video in the series features Dimple Patel, Associate Director of Public Policy at TexProtects, explaining some of the laws and policy changes that benefited the child welfare workforce in Texas. Watch the video below!
You can also check out the other videos below:
- Understanding Changes to Religious Conscience Protection in Texas
- Advances in Policies for Youth Transitioning Out of Care
- Changes to Kinship Caregiver Support
- Understanding Changes To Educational Services for Foster Children
- Understanding Changes to Medical Health Care