Texas CASA, along with some of our child welfare advocacy partners, created a series of videos to break down some of the laws passed during the 85th Legislative Session – focusing on the most important issue areas impacting foster children and youth. We have been introducing different videos to help you better understand these changes and how they will impact your advocacy as a CASA staff or volunteer.
The last video in the series features Katie Olse, Executive Director of the Texas Alliance of Child and Family Services, discussing changes to laws impacting foster care capacity, as well as other changes to law affecting child welfare service providers. Watch the video below!
Check out the other videos below:
- Changes to Laws Impacting Child Welfare Courts in Texas
- Laws and Policy Changes Benefiting the Child Welfare Workforce
- Understanding Changes to Religious Conscience Protection in Texas
- Advances in Policies for Youth Transitioning Out of Care
- Changes to Kinship Caregiver Support
- Understanding Changes To Educational Services for Foster Children
- Understanding Changes to Medical Health Care