Texas CASA, along with some of our child welfare advocacy partners, created a series of eight videos to break down some of the laws passed during the 85th Legislative Session – focusing on the most important issue areas impacting foster children and youth. Over the past few months, we have been introducing the videos to help you better understand these changes and how they will impact your advocacy as a CASA staff or volunteer.
If you have not done so already, we encourage you to watch and share these videos. You can watch the videos below:
- Changes to Laws Impacting Foster Care Capacity in Texas
- Changes to Laws Impacting Child Welfare Courts in Texas
- Laws and Policy Changes Benefiting the Child Welfare Workforce
- Understanding Changes to Religious Conscience Protection in Texas
- Advances in Policies for Youth Transitioning Out of Care
- Changes to Kinship Caregiver Support
- Understanding Changes To Educational Services for Foster Children
- Understanding Changes to Medical Health Care
You can also watch all eight videos back-to-back on the YouTube playlist.