The 2019 National CASA/GAL Conference is taking place June 1-4, 2019, in Atlanta, GA. This year’s theme is Better Together: Building Stronger Families to Change Children’s Lives. The conference will be centered around supporting children and their families – whether biological, kin or guardianship, foster or adoptive – with the understanding that the importance of family in a child’s life cannot be overstated.
In addition to networking opportunities with CASA volunteers, staff and board members from across the country, the National CASA conference is an opportunity to learn about:
- supporting children and families involved in the child welfare system;
- the role of reunification, kinship care, guardianship, foster placements and adoption;
- achieving safe, permanent placement for children;
- the importance of strong families in successful outcomes for children;
- the issues facing children and families today; and
- how the passage of the Family First Prevention Services Act – which allows federal funding to pay for services to prevent children’s removal from their families – intersects with CASA/GAL volunteers’ important work.