We’re excited to announce that the TBRI® Healing Families seven-video set is now available to watch online in our Learning Center. Texas CASA licensed the set specifically for use by CASA staff and volunteers.
The videos explain the principles and concepts behind Trust-Based Relational Intervention®, a proven method for enriching the lives of at-risk, vulnerable children, adolescents and their families. They help learners understand the brain science behind trauma, attachment and healing, and learn practical skills to help children build trust and positive behaviors.
These videos offer a fantastic opportunity for in-service training. Encourage volunteers to share the videos with families, foster families and kinship placements. The more families understand how to help kids feel safe and how to communicate to transform difficult behaviors, the better outcomes will be achieved.
The videos included are:
- “TBRI: An Overview” (37 min.)
- “Attachment: Why It Matters” (2 hrs., 30 min.)
- “Children from Hard Places and the Brain” (1 hr., 20 min.)
- “Playful Interaction” (30 min.)
- “Healthy Touch” (40 min.)
- “A Sensory World” (1 hr.)
- “Trust-Based Parenting” (30 min.) – Also available in a Spanish-language version!
NOTE: Previously, Texas CASA sent DVD sets of this series to programs. This is the same content in an online option. Additionally, the videos are hosted through Texas CASA’s CASA College LMS. A login is required. If you or your program does not have one, you can create an account on the sign up page.