In today’s fast-paced internet age, it’s often hard to keep up with what kids are doing on their computers, tablets and smartphones. It is important that we make sure children are surfing the web safely. Children in foster care may be even more susceptible to becoming involved in risky online behavior. There are dangers lurking all over the internet, but we must educate children on those dangers so we can create responsible online users and ensure children’s safety.
Below are resources to help you and children you serve navigate internet safety:
- 15 apps parents should look out for on their kids’ phones – According to law enforcement
- ConnectSafely.org – Stay up to date with the latest concerning internet safety
- Net Smartz Parents – Resource guides for parents on internet safety
- Net Smartz Kids – Web safety videos, games and resources targeted towards children
- Net Smartz Teens – Web safety videos, games and resources targeted towards teens
- Enough.org – More resources for adults