Just like CASA of Galveston County did recently, CASA programs can request free laptop computers from TDCJ for the children they serve! The Computers for CASA program is more important than ever, to support educational attainment, access and virtual learning for children and families during COVID-19.
To request a computer (or computers), submit the required forms on the TDJC website.
Things to know about Computers for CASA:
- Currently (as of September 2020), all requests must go through the Wynne Unit. The Daniel Unit is no longer offering this program.
- CASA programs may request multiple computers on one request form – they do not need a form for each requested computer.
- Computers will come wiped of all data (OS, Office Suite, etc. not included).
- There is no charge for shipping.
- There may be a waiting period for the computers.
You can contact TDCJ via phone at 936-291-5162, via fax at 936-291-5278 or via email at email@example.com. Office hours of operation are 4:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.