This year for their “Adopt” a Senior campaign, Day 1 Bags and Operation PAL are giving a special present to every Texas youth in foster care who is graduating from high school in the Class of 2021! The graduation present includes the following items:
- a $100 Visa Gift Card,
- a “senior kit” (backpack, vital document bag, bag tag, toiletry bag),
- a Liberty Works 32 oz double-walled steel water bottle,
- an autographed self-help book/personal journal,
- a “Welcome to Adulting” book,
- an “Outdating” book,
- a box of Girl Scout cookies,
- stickers, and
- personalized congratulatory graduation cards.
The needed funds have already been raised and the gifts are already being sent to each DFPS Region PAL. To make sure everything goes as planned and every single graduating senior gets their gift, the “Adopt” a Senior campaign needs CASA’s help!
How to Help
If your CASA program is serving any graduating high school seniors, please make sure your CASA volunteers are aware of this campaign and do the following verification by April 30, 2021:
- Please email the DFPS PAL Coordinator for the region they reside to confirm they are on the list to receive the gift. Make sure to copy email@example.com on the email.
- In the email, include the full name of the graduate and the school they attend.
Stay tuned for more information on the “Adopt” a Senior campaign, including information on any graduation events where gifts will be distributed.
Help make sure every graduating senior in foster care feels celebrated, supported and special! If you have any questions about this campaign, contact Day 1 Bags Founder and CEO Hunter Beaton at firstname.lastname@example.org.