The new Texas CASA Standards for Local CASA/GAL Programs became effective on June 25, 2021, when they were approved by the Texas CASA board. Monitoring of the new standards will begin in the fall of 2022. To help prepare programs, Texas CASA is hosting a training for staff and leadership to provide clarity and an overview of the important changes and revisions to the Texas CASA Standards.
The same training will be offered twice:
- Sept. 27, 2021: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- Oct. 1, 2021: 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Choose the date that best fits your schedule and register at the button below! All local CASA program staff are welcome to attend.
During this 90-minute training, Texas CASA will give an overview of the new and revised Texas CASA Standards. We will review:
- The standards that are newly included by National CASA.
- The standards newly included based on legal requirements in Texas, and
- The standards newly included by the Texas CASA Board of Directors.
The new Texas CASA Standards can be downloaded in the Program Portal.