Ronika wants you to know that young adults age 18-26, who aged out of foster care or are in extended care, are eligible to receive $1,000 in free, no-strings-attached money that has been set aside JUST for them!
Young Adult Pandemic Aid (PanAid) is a funding opportunity designed to help young people afford immediate and basic needs such as rent, groceries, cell phone bills and more. Young people who aged out of Texas foster care or are in extended foster care, ages 18-26, are eligible to apply – but the deadline to apply is coming up fast – Thursday, Sept. 15.
All they have to do is fill out an application that takes about 30 minutes to receive up to $1,000, but we need your help reaching them.
Please have CASA volunteers and staff reach out to the qualifying young people they have served – make sure they know about this opportunity, vouch that it is 100% real and safe for them to participate in, and urge them to apply. Are they on the fence? Share this video featuring Ronika, a young person who just recently applied for PanAid, so they can hear it from someone like them!
Thursday, Sept. 9 Is PanAid Day of Action!
Help share and encourage young adults who qualify for this opportunity with the Day of Action Toolkit.
Additional helpful information:
- The deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 15.
- Receipts for expenses are requested on the application, but not required.
- Young people do not have to prove that an expense or hardship is directly related to the pandemic.
- CASA volunteers are encouraged to help the young person through the application – they can even complete it on their behalf.
- Once a young person applies, encourage them to spread the word in their network and friend group.
- Young people in extended care or SIL are eligible! They will still need to select “Yes” when asked “Did you age out of the Texas foster care system?”
- CASA volunteers or young people can preview the application if they are unsure of applying.