On Sept. 6, 2022, from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Central, Texas CASA board members will share ideas to help mobilize your local CASA board to develop new sources of funding to mitigate future grant reductions and decrease overall dependence on government grant monies. Topics include:
- Preparing for VOCA funding uncertainties
- Growing board giving and engagement
- Harnessing board connections to develop new funding sources
- Sharing success stories from the field
Three Texas CASA board members will serve as panelists to guide this discussion:
- Kristin Andersen, Social Impact Committee chair – Kristen is an experienced nonprofit fundraising professional; she retired as Associate Director of the California School-Based Health Alliance. Kristin lives in Georgetown and joined the Texas CASA board in June 2021.
- Carol Eschenfelder, Grants Committee chair – Carol retired as an Executive Vice President with Alliant Insurance Services in 2019. Carol lives in Houston and joined the Texas CASA board in January 2021.
- Rhonda Thompson, board secretary and past chair of the Social Impact Committee – Rhonda retired as vice president from the University of Houston-Clear Lake in 2019 with 20+ years of experience in university fundraising and nonprofit management. Rhonda lives in Seabrook and joined the Texas CASA board in 2020.