In honor of National Child Abuse Prevention Month in April, Texas CASA launched a 13-city Texas tour to bring awareness of the need for more dedicated community members to become CASA volunteers to advocate for children who have experienced abuse or neglect in Texas.
The Texas CASA mobile truck tour traveled to 13 Texas cities sharing educational messaging about National Child Abuse Prevention Month and encouraging Texans to sign up to become a CASA volunteer. The bright mobile truck shared videos, graphics, and included the BecomeACASA.org URL where people can sign-up to become a CASA volunteer. The tour included stops at the following locations:
- 4/2 – CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County, The Woodlands, TX
- 4/3 – Voz de Niños, Laredo, TX
- 4/5 – Gulf Coast CASA, Inc., Wharton, TX
- 4/13 – CASA for the Cross Timbers Area, Inc., Stephenville, TX
- 4/14 – CASA for Hunt County, Greenville, TX
- 4/14 – CASA of Collin County, Plano, TX
- 4/15 – CASA of the Coastal Bend, Corpus Christi, TX
- 4/16 – Dallas CASA, Dallas, TX
- 4/20 – East Texas CASA, Gilmer, TX
- 4/20 – CASA of Trinity Valley, Palestine, TX
- 4/23 – Great Plains CASA for Kids, Hereford, TX
- 4/27 – Lake Country CASA, Sulphur Springs, TX
- 4/28 – CASA of Walker County, Huntsville, TX
In an effort to raise unified awareness, the digital truck displayed messaging specific to each CASA program in the area being visited as well as Texas CASA messaging. The set-up also included branded rollup banners and a game/giveaway table at which the public was invited to play the memory match game developed for Texas CASA and the tour. The “Who’s A Constant” memory match game was designed to help Texans understand what being a CASA volunteer really means. The interactive game shows that you are the constant figure and resource to a child in foster care when you serve as a CASA volunteer.
We are so excited to see the truck tour was a resounding success! Thank you to all involved who helped a small truck make a HUGE impact for all CASA’s statewide!