DFPS Commissioner Whitman Issues 10-Point Priority Plan for CPS
New DFPS Commissioner Hank Whitman released a letter to Governor Abbott on July 5 laying out his “10-point plan for CPS.” Highlights include:
- All 10 CPS regional directors must reapply for their jobs.
- CPS Transformation will continue.
- CPS will work with the Texas Department of Public Safety to develop a team of “information analysts” to “gather information about the household for a caseworker” so that “a CPS investigator responding to a new report will now have up-to-date information about the criminal history of any household member.”
- There will be a review of CPS Special Investigators.
- There will be efforts to “rejuvenate and aggressively expand” Foster Care Redesign.
- Steps will be taken to increase and expand PEI (Prevention and Early Intervention) programs.
SHARE THIS POST