The Texas CASA Public Policy team recently hosted a three-part series of webinars about our legislative priorities for the 86th Legislative Session.
2019 Legislative Priorities #1
In the first of two webinars on its legislative priorities, the Texas CASA Public Policy team discusses the following items:
- Collaborative Family Engagement
- Community-Based Care
- Placement Proximity and Stability
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Human Trafficking
- Services and Supports for Transitioning Youth
2019 Legislative Priorities #2
In the second of two webinars on its legislative priorities, the Texas CASA Public Policy team discusses the following items:
- CASA Funding Under the Health and Human Services Commission
- Funding for the Department of Family and Protective Services
- Supporting the Foster Care Ombudsman
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Youth Property and Youth Voice
- The Family First Prevention Services Act
An Overview of Issues & Policies Related to Transitioning Youth
This webinar provides an overview of the some of the issues and challenges CASA and CPS encounter during transition planning for foster youth as they near age 18 and plan to either leave the system or transition into extended foster care. DFPS provides an overview of policies and practices related to transitioning youth, including recommendations for CASA staff and volunteers to improve transition planning.
For more information or any questions about policy issues, please email [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email].