The CASA network is making strides towards providing every child in foster care with a CASA volunteer to advocate for their well-being. Last year, 58 percent of children in Texas foster care had a CASA volunteer, and we know that with the implications of COVID-19, CASA advocacy is needed now more than ever.
We all know that personal referrals are a great way to recruit volunteers and spread awareness, and in that spirit, we’ve created BE A VOICE FOR CASA.
BE A VOICE FOR CASA, through Social Toaster, provides inspiring social media posts that can easily be shared directly to a person’s social media profile – with only a quick click of a button. This online platform is open to everyone within the CASA community. The more people who sign up and share, the more awareness we spread about CASA and the need for volunteers.
Additionally, by signing up to BE A VOICE FOR CASA, sharing posts and generating traffic, users will earn points and chances to win gift cards up to $500 over the next three months! We encourage programs to share the information below with their network and help us spread the word.
- More than 150 users have signed up,
- 6 lucky prize winners have been selected, and
- We’ve reached more than 100,000 people on social media!
How to PARTICIPATE
Joining BE A VOICE FOR CASA and getting points is easy:
- Sign up for the Social Toaster platform. You earn 100 points just for signing up! See the video below for a detailed overview.
- Share and like the available posts on your various social media platforms. The more you share and get likes and retweets, the more points you earn, giving you a better chance at winning. We’ll add posts regularly in the platform so you have fresh content to share. Be sure to sign up for email notifications so you know when new posts are available.
- Refer your friends to sign up for an even greater chance to win!
Every month over the next three months, we’ll give away one $500 gift card and five $100 gift cards. The contest dates are:
- June 17 – July 14
- July 15 – Aug. 18
- Aug. 19 – Sept. 15
The winners will be notified by email. Neither Texas CASA nor its affiliates will share or use the information provided by participants for any purpose other than this campaign.
We hope you will sign up to BE A VOICE FOR CASA, and share with your staff, board and volunteers!
For more information check out the FAQs and the official contest rules. If you have any questions about the campaign, please email Texas CASA Marketing & Media Specialist Lindsey Lee at [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email].