We could not do the work we do without each and every one of you. Your courage and dedication continue to push us closer to ensuring our vision of a safe and positive future for all Texas children and families. The challenges of this past year inspired the CASA network to grow and adapt in ways we never imagined. CASA staff, board members, volunteers, partners and supporters all stepped up to ensure that the quality of advocacy never wavered.
In our FY 2020 Impact Report: Meeting Challenges, Leading Change, we highlight some of the accomplishments made by the CASA network this past year and give you a big-picture view of the work we do at Texas CASA.
FY2020 Impact Report Highlights
Meeting Challenges: The CASA Network’s Response to COVID-19
We adapted and responded to support volunteers, staff and families.
- Created a dedicated website to provide up-to-date information and resources for local program leadership, staff and volunteers.
- Allocated $100,000 in funding to local CASA programs to purchase technology equipment and software so that all programs had the resources to seamlessly move to working remotely.
- Formed a COVID-19 Response Workgroup of local CASA programs to review protocols and best practices.
- Refocused our webinars and trainings around how programs and volunteers can adapt their advocacy through COVID-19.
We worked through the Interim and set new Legislative Priorities to improve the child protection system through legislation and other positive public policy efforts.
At the Forefront of Change: Texas CASA Initiatives
We’re leading the way to successfully advocate for children and their families.
- Expanded Collaborative Family Engagement (CFE) to 41 CASA programs, 90 counties and 10 DFPS regions.
- Released The CASA Messaging Book to help establish a common CASA language.
Leading the Future
We continued our commitment to advocating first and foremost for keeping families together when safe and possible.
- Initiated focus groups and disseminated surveys to several partner groups for input and advice on improving advocacy for children and families.