Through facilitated dialogue, reflection and role-playing, this intensive two-day workshop challenges participants to analyze the structures of power and privilege that impact communities of color.
- Develop a common definition of racism and an understanding of its different forms: individual, institutional, linguistic, and cultural,
- Understand one’s own connection to institutional racism and its impact on his/her work,
- Understand the role and impact of institutions, particularly as they relate to people and communities of color,
- Understand racial superiority/inferiority, and
- Develop a framework for understanding white privilege.
Lunch will be provided on both days, but participants will be responsible for securing their own lodging.