Please join Texas CASA for a webinar, Effective CASA Advocacy in a Virtual Environment, on June 26, 2020, from 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m. This webinar is designed for CASA program staff and volunteers to help ensure they have the tools they need to successfully advocate for children and families in virtual CPS court hearings, but is also open to any volunteer or professional working in the child welfare system. The following topics will also be discussed:
- facilitating meaningful preparation and participation in virtual hearings for children, youth and families;
- protecting confidentiality during court hearings;
- supporting service plan participation for children and parents;
- ensuring proper documentation; and more.
The webinar will be moderated by the Honorable Rob Hofmann, Judge of the 452nd District Court and Jurist in Residence for the Supreme Court Children’s Commission. Panelists will include:
- Ann Marie Smith, Attorney ad litem for children and parents,
- Dennis Arriaga, Managing Attorney for DFPS in Region 8,
- LeAnne Lopez, Senior Advocacy Coordinator with CASA of the South Plains, and
- Terri Faught, Volunteer Advocate with CASA of the South Plains.