Texas CASA is pleased to partner with Child Advocates of Fort Bend (CAFB) to share their work and expertise in advocacy for infants and toddlers. CAFB’s Infant and Toddler program is a whole-program approach, and they have been working with us at Texas CASA to further develop resources and materials to support the entire CASA network in this area.
Throughout 2023, CAFB will be hosting a five part webinar series for CASA staff on various elements of their Infant and Toddler program, and more resources from Texas CASA will also be shared.
- April 18, 12-1:30 p.m. CT – Getting Started with Your Courts | Come learn how Child Advocates of Fort Bend’s CASA program played a key role in implementing the Safe Babies Court in their local jurisdiction. You will learn resources to develop a Court Team and key players needed to create the model for your county.
- May 16, 12-1 p.m. – Training Your Volunteers | Join CAFB to learn how to train your CASA volunteers to become the best advocates for the infant and toddler population.
- June 20, 12-1 p.m. – Trauma Informed Care for Infants & Toddlers | Join CAFB as they share about their work with families to help them and their children begin healing from trauma.
- July 18, 12- 1 p.m. – Positive Visitation | Join CAFB as they share strategies and tools created to model for parents to amplify their visitation time and bond with their children.
- Aug. 15, 12-1 p.m. – Working with Parents | Join CAFB as they explore how CASA volunteers can work with parents of infants and toddlers.