We invite you to join Texas CASA’s Volunteer Coaching and Advocacy team as they host a live online Zoom training at 12 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019. This training, Clear and Confident Communication, is focused on learning what your words, mannerisms and body language convey to others, and how to take simple steps to improve your communications skills with your advocates.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The training will include:
- Tips for using clarifying communication in person, on the phone and in written messages;
- The dangers of making assumptions and how to avoid this pitfall;
- The importance of using a positive tone to reduce the chance of misunderstandings or conflicts;
- Active listening techniques and why it is important to use them during every conversation; and
- Time to share your ideas with the network.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email Volunteer Management Coordinator Lisa Briggs at [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]. Register by clicking the button above.