The 2022 Texas CASA Conference will be back in person on July 21-22, 2022, in Denton! Learning from Lived Experiences: “Nothing About Us Without Us” will focus on centering the voices of youth and families and elevating the advocacy CASA programs provide. The schedule is packed with powerful speakers sharing their stories and expertise on how we can all strengthen our support for children and families in the child welfare system.
Registration is now open for everyone in the CASA network including staff, board members and volunteers.
Check out what some of this year’s speakers have been up to:
- Think of Us, founded by keynote speaker Sixto Cancel, recently launched the Center for Lived Experience, a groundbreaking research, policy, and community initiative that integrates the insights, data, and leadership of people with lived experience.
- Chad Houser (speaker) was recently featured in Nation’s Restaurant News and shared how Cafe Momentum gives formerly incarcerated youths a path to stability.
- Now in its second season, Seen Out Loud hosted by Matt Anderson (speaker) all started with two powerful episodes featuring Slam Anderson and Shrounda Selivanoff, who will both join Matt on the stage at this year’s conference.
- Brittany K. Barnett (speaker) sat down with Texas Monthly to discuss her book, A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom, and her dedication to transforming the criminal justice system.
- Cortney Jones (facilitator) elevates the voices of children, youth and families who have experienced the child welfare system. She is also the Founder and Executive Director of Change 1, a volunteer program that brings together community organizations, nonprofits, churches, and schools to increase volunteerism, mentoring, and fostering to youth 15-26 years old coming from the foster care system.
To register, learn more about the speakers and get details on conference logistics, visit the conference website.
Thank you to our sponsors!