Free Music Lessons for Kids Served by CASA!
Care2Rock has partnered with Texas CASA to provide free music lessons to children in foster care ages 7 and up. Lessons are given via video conference by a screened professional musician. Care2Rock pairs teachers with individual students based on their musical interest and their needs. The program offers guitar, piano, voice, percussion and songwriting lessons!
To get started, CASA volunteers can speak directly with their child and the caregiver about this opportunity to take music lessons. If the child is interested and the caregiver is committed to supporting the child, the caregiver can complete the Foster Care Intake Form online through the Care2Rock site. A Care2Rock representative will contact the caregiver who will schedule the lessons with account login information. The child or caregiver will then log in to meet their teacher and book a lesson.
NOTE: The child must have a working computer, access to reliable internet, and the instrument of their choice.
- CASA staff can request a computer for the child through Computers for CASA. To do so:
IMPORTANT: Computers requested through Computers for CASA are “blank,” meaning your program will be responsible for having an OS, Office Suite and anti-virus program installed on each computer. For questions about Computers for CASA, contact the Texas CASA Public Policy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use community resources to request donated instruments.
- Contact local churches, music stores and band teachers; search garage sales and utilize social media.
- Contact retail chains:
- Texas Vendors: Strait Music | Melhart Music | Lone Star Percussion
- National Vendors: Guitar Center | Music and Arts | Sam Ash Music
To speak directly with a Care2Rock representative about the program call 833-226-7625 or go to Care2Rock.com.