Welcome to the Texas CASA Learning Center! We are pleased to provide CASA volunteers, board members, staff and other guests with a variety of resources that are categorized in multiple ways to help you find what you need, including by Library, by Topic and by Target Audience.
Our learning resources are organized in a variety of ways so that you can quickly find what’s useful for you. Search Resources by keyword from the sidebar of any page in the Learning Center, view all Resources here, or:
Browse Resources by Library
Browse Resources by Topic
- Board DevelopmentResources and information to inform and strengthen your CASA board.
- CommunicationsTools to achieve your marketing, public relations and media relations goals and to support your outreach efforts.
- Data Management & ReportingInformation and forms for submitting required data to Texas CASA.
- Educational AdvocacyResources for CASA volunteers’ educational advocacy to help children succeed in school.
- Evaluation & PlanningAssistance and resources for expanding the CASA movement in Texas in two distinct ways.
- FundraisingResources and information to evaluate your local program’s fundraising efforts and build the fund development skills, tools and plans to be successful.
- Grants & Financial ManagementResources and forms for current grants awarded to Texas CASA and local CASA programs.
- Human ResourcesResources to effectively manage staff and organizational needs through best practices and technical support.
- Juvenile JusticeInformation for serving children who are simultaneously involved in the juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
- Laws & PoliciesInformation on the laws and policies that govern CASA advocacy and the child welfare system, including the Texas Family Code and the CPS Handbook of Policies.
- Legislative AdvocacyTools and tips to help CASA staff, board members and volunteers to advocate effectively for improvements to the child welfare system.
- Mental & Physical HealthResources to enhance CASA advocacy to improve the mental and physical health of children in care.
- PermanencyInformation to help CASA volunteers’ advocate to move children out of the system and into safe, permanent homes.
- Placements & Family FindingMaterials to strengthen advocacy for children who need adoptive homes.
- Quality AssuranceResources from the quality assurance review process.
- Risk ManagementInformation to develop your risk management strategies and to become familiar with insurance products.
- Transitioning YouthResources to help youth prepare for success as an adult – life skills, supportive relationships, educational goals.
- Volunteer RecruitmentResources to develop effective goals, objectives, strategies and tactics to build volunteer capacity.
- Volunteer Retention & ManagementResources for developing a retention plan and gathering and analyzing retention statistics.
- Volunteer ScreeningMaterials for conducting required comprehensive and thorough screenings of potential volunteers, staff and board members.
- Volunteer TrainingMaterials, resources and tools for providing a quality, ongoing training program that includes both Pre-Service and In-Service trainings.