Texas CASA provides regular media release templates for local CASA programs to use in order to raise awareness of the need for more CASA volunteers in their communities. These templates focus on specific events or holidays that programs can leverage around recruitment.
NOTE: Be sure to update all highlighted areas in the templates. Use the DFPS Data Book to pull statewide and local statistics as needed.
EVERGREEN MEDIA RELEASE TEMPLATES
General Templates: Media release templates for common CASA happenings and announcements.
- New CASA Volunteers Sworn In
- CASA Program Receives Donation
- CASA Program Celebrates Anniversary
- New CASA Executive Director Announcement
More general templates coming soon!
Monthly Templates: Media release templates tied into timely events and observances throughout the year.
- January | New Year’s Resolution
- January | MLK Jr. Day
- February | Valentine’s Day
- February | Black History Month
- March | Social Work Month
- April | Child Abuse Prevention Month
- May | Foster Care Month
- May | Mental Health Awareness Month
- June | LGBTQ Pride Month
- June | Reunification Month
- July | Normalcy
- August | Back to School
- September | Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15-October 15)
- October | Keeping Children Safe
- November | Adoption Month
- November | Stand Sunday Day of Prayer
- December | Holiday Season
COVID-19-SPECIFIC MEDIA RELEASE TEMPLATES
NEW! Social Media Guidebook & Content Bank
Additionally, to make your life easier, this guidebook comes complete with:
- A Texas CASA Content Bank of ready-to-post options you can use to fill in gaps and refer to for inspiration throughout the year.
- A Content Calendar template in Google Sheets that you can copy, make your own, and share with your team so everyone can be part of planning social media content.
- Recommendations for free and low-cost social media tools to help you design, schedule, and more.
Archived Social Media Calendars & Resources
Below, you’ll find our previous social media calendars – feel free to pull posts and inspiration from them in addition to the new guide above. Be sure to be mindful of COVID-19 and other current events, and double-check dates since some holidays fall on different days each year.
- December 2020
- November 2020 | November 2021
- October 2020 | October 2021
- September 2020 | September 2021
- August 2020 | August 2021
- July 2020 | July 2021
- June 2020 | June 2021
- May 2020 | May 2021
- April 2020 | April 2021
- March 2020 | March 2021
- February 2020
- January 2020
- Additional Content: COVID-19 Resources
TALKING ABOUT DISPROPORTIONALITY, DISPARITIES AND RACIAL JUSTICE
Texas CASA has developed talking points around disproportionality, disparities and racial justice to help programs navigate difficult conversations, recruit volunteers of color and meaningfully address the issues facing people of color in our country.
TALKING ABOUT LGBTQ ISSUES
Texas CASA has developed a sample statement and talking points around CASA’s commitment to serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) youth and recruiting LGBTQ volunteers.
CASA BRANDED FONT
Consistent use of fonts contributes to the recognition of the CASA brand. The Geometric 415 font family is currently used in the CASA logo and branded materials, including marketing campaign collateral.
GENERAL CASA LOGOS
The CASA logo is available in a variety of formats and sizes, in color and in black and white.