Over the past couple of months, we’ve been traveling across the state to recognize those leading the way for positive legislative change in the child welfare system.
We honored 12 state legislators with the Big Voices for Little Texans Award for their outstanding leadership and hard work on behalf of children and families during the 87th Legislative Session.
Award recipients included:
- Senator Lois Kolkhorst: Senate District 18 in Southeast Texas
- Senator José Menéndez: Senate District 26 in Bexar County
- Senator Beverly Powell: Senate District 10 in Tarrant County
- Representative Stephanie Klick: House District 91 in Tarrant County
- Representative Gene Wu: House District 137 in Harris County
- Representative Ann Johnson: House District 134 in Harris County
- Representative Julie Johnson: House District 115 in Dallas County
- Representative Victoria Neave: House District 107 in Dallas County
- Representative Ina Minjarez: House District 124 in San Antonio
- Representative Jarvis Johnson: House District 139 in Houston
- Speaker of the House Dade Phelan: House District 21 in Jefferson and Orange Counties
- Senator Jane Nelson: Senate District 12 in Denton and Tarrant Counties – Honored with the first Big Voices for Little Texans Lifetime Achievement Award
Join us in thanking these leaders for their support of CASA, children and families!
Learn more about each of these outstanding legislators and the difference they’ve made for Texas children and families. Click on the first image to expand the images and start the slideshow.