Local Board of Directors Training #3 is coming up on Monday, March 20, from noon to 1:30 p.m. This training is a part of the mandatory board training for local programs.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Setting the Tone at the Top
Presenter: Vernetta Walker
Recent events, including protests for social justice, are a glaring reminder that inequity is present today in our communities, institutions, and even in nonprofit boardrooms across the social sector. To course correct, nonprofit boards have a responsibility to set the tone at the top!
In this training we will lay a foundation for advancing your DEI work, by exploring:
- How unconscious bias shows up on boards and in nonprofit organizations
- Challenging internal assumptions
- Developing action steps that are specific to your work
- Creating an authorizing environment
- Applying an equity lens to your work
Desired Outcome: Embrace DEI as mission-critical work for increased impact