The Texas Family Code outlines the powers and duties of CASA volunteers appointed for abused and neglected children in foster care. Some provisions apply only to CASA advocates appointed as guardian ad litem but others apply to all CASA advocates.
- Guardians and Attorneys ad Litem.
- Investigation of Report of Child Abuse or Neglect.
- Removal, Adversary Hearing, and Other Procedures in CPS cases.
- Status, Permanency and Placement Review Hearings.
- Termination of the Parent Child Relationship.
- Judicial Review of Medical Care (and Informed Consent for Psychotropic Medication) and Educational Services.
- Placement of Children.
- Placement of Children Under Age Two.