Surrogate Parent Training was presented by Ian Spechler with Disability Rights Texas. This webinar will teach the CASA network about:
- Obtaining and reviewing important school records,
- Requesting evaluations,
- Participating in an ARD (Admission, Review and Dismissal) meeting,
- Accountability requirements for IEPs (Individualized Education Programs),
- Protecting a student’s rights during discipline proceedings, and
- Ensuring services to transition into adulthood.
Visit the CASA College LMS to view the webinar recording and download the presentation handouts.